(BRPROUD) — “So I’m down a pair of sunglasses but up a very good story.” That’s what a TikTok user posted along with a viral video that currently sits at almost 45 million views. Lola Testu (@minorcrimes) posted a video showing what happened after she accidentally dropped her sunglasses in an orangutan enclosure at an Indonesian zoo.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
The video starts off with the orangutan sauntering towards the sunglasses and sitting before picking them up off the grass. With a baby orangutan on its lap, the adult orangutan opens the glasses and tries them on.
The video then cuts to the two orangutans sitting on top of a rock. The baby orangutan appears to desperately want to check out the glasses, but the adult is having none of it.
The older orangutan tries the glasses on in different ways, including upside down. The orangutan must have decided the glasses were not its style after all because, with a big heave from the top of a tree, it tossed them back. The orangutan got a leafy snack as a reward.