CASEVILLE, Mich. (NEXSTAR) — A Michigan man died with a winning $45,000 lottery ticket in his wallet, according to authorities. Police in Caseville Michigan said Greg Jarvis’ body was found on a Saginaw Bay beach last week.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Repeat speeder arrested after going 140 mph down Montgomery
- Albuquerque: Police search for tips in Albuquerque shooting following Walmart altercation
- Weather: Very windy Tuesday with cooler temperatures and chance for showers
- New Mexico: Crew member who gave Baldwin gun subject of prior complaint
- Español: KRQE En Español: Lunes 25 de Octubre 2021
The 57-year-old was at the Blue Water Inn in Caseville on Sept. 13 when he won $45,000 playing Club Keno; however, Jarvis couldn’t immediately collect the jackpot because he didn’t have a Social Security card. The card is necessary for certain winnings.
Jarvis was still waiting for a new card when he died.
Police said they believe Jarvis hit his head while tying his boat, fell into the water and drowned.