5 Facts You Need to Know
- We’re staying on top of a fatal overnight crash near Coors and Gun Club. Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Deputies tell us a southbound driver was speeding when they crossed the center median crashing into a northbound vehicle and rolling. That driver of that car died. The driver of the other car was injured. Deputies say speed and alcohol appear to be a factor in the crash.
- Today, will be breezy, mostly sunny in the morning. Then partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms with little or no rain in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds later this afternoon.
- A big problem at an Albuquerque Community Center still hasn’t been fixed. Four months ago, KRQE News 13 showed you the leaky roof issue at the city’s $7.5 million Manzano Mesa Multigenerational Center. Emails we got show the division manager got quotes to fix the roof in November, but just placed a request for funding last week. The city said it’s being fiscally responsible and making sure everything is covered. The half million dollar project is expected to start in May.
- Someone is shooting paint balls at vehicles on I-40. Two Animal Humane workers said it happened to them in their truck near San Mateo. They posted about it on Facebook and other Albuquerque drivers commented with similar experiences. Albuquerque police said whoever’s doing it will face charges.
- A disturbing internet challenge that parents may want to know about. Videos are now surfacing on the web of teens suctioning their lips with shot glasses and bottlecaps to make them look bigger. Some viewers said it’s so they can look like reality star Kylie Jenner. But it can go very wrong, doctors have said it can cause bruising, scarring, or disfigurement. Local students and teachers said it’s happening in Albuquerque and other parts of our state.