Stars react to the Emmy nominations in West Hollywood, California:
– “It was terrifying. Everything’s terrifying.” – Tatiana Maslany, who learned about her lead actress nomination in “Orphan Black” seconds after a fire alarm went off at her home.
– “I feel blown away. Like if I was a leaf, I would have blown right off the stage.” – Uzo Aduba, found out while announcing the nominations that she was nominated for supporting actress for “Orange is the New Black.”
– “Seven nominees? Clearly men in comedy is SO much more weighty and important than any other sex or category. You’re welcome, America.” – Don Cheadle, who is among seven men nominated for lead actor in a comedy series for “House of Lies.”
– “If by proton pack, you mean dirty pajamas, yes, I’m wearing a proton pack right now.” – Kate McKinnon, who was in Boston for night shoots on “Ghostbusters” when she learned of her supporting actress nomination for “Saturday Night Live.”
– “I reckon I’m going to pile into my local pub and crack open something sparkling, probably.” – Emilia Clarke, on how she’ll celebrate her supporting actress nod for “Game of Thrones.”
– “It’s an honor to be doing this as a job. There are people who save lives and fight wars. I come up with some funny things, write them down, then act them out, and I get awards! It’s ridiculous.” – Ricky Gervais, nominated for his lead role in “Derek.”
– “This gives me motivation to stay on my diet.” – Jane Krakowski, a supporting actress nominee for “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.”
– “The runway is very long and there’s a lot of planes landing.” – Kevin Spacey, nominated for “House of Cards,” on the viability of original programming on streaming services.
– “Well it helps to have four kids who have absolutely no concern or care for the fact that you’ve been in a hole for three weeks playing a mentally ill individual. They still need their toilet needs taken care of. ” – David Oyelowo, nominated for his role in HBO’s “Nightingale,” on how he overcame playing the dark role.
– “Who doesn’t like to get nominated for an award?” – Maggie Gyllenhaal on her first Emmy nomination, for “The Honorable Woman.”
– “I will celebrate by jumping up and down at every alley and every step of the way in Paramount Studios. I will make a spectacle of myself.” – Jeffrey Tambor on his way to work after being nominated for his leading role in “Transparent.”