NATIONAL (KRQE) – SpaceX is a conducting a triple-engine static fire test Friday with Starship SN9 in Boca Chica, Texas. According to NASASpaceFlight, if all goes well, a successful test will clear the way for a test flight in the coming days.
On Wednesday, the SN9 vehicle’s three engines lit up for about one second at 5:07 p.m. during a static-fire test.
Earlier this week, Federal Aviation Administration asked the public to weigh in on SpaceX’s request to expand its launch and testing facility in South Texas near Boca Chica Beach. Some environmentalists worry the request is coming too late in the agency’s ongoing environmental assessment process.
- PHOTOS: Timeline of Hank Aaron’s career
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Lobo men’s basketball succeeds with two new faces at point guard
- Angelo Leo is on weight and confident, ahead of his first World Title defense