ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Air Force Research Laboratory awarded its largest-ever contract for space-related technology to a Utah company. The contract worth up to $1 billion was awarded to Utah State University Space Dynamics Laboratory.
Story continues below
- Crime: Suspect who cut power to brewery at large
- Trending: Fatal Thanksgiving morning crash under investigation
- New Mexico: NMSP responds to fatal semi-truck rollover on I-40
- Investigations: Middle of Nowhere: New Mexico’s Multi-Million Dollar Blunder
Scientists at Utah State will conduct engineering and research with the money. The Air Force Research Laboratory at Kirtland develops technologies for laser and laser-owned weapons. According to a news release, other areas of research include the following:
- Space-related Sensor Systems
- Space-cyberspace and Information Related Capabilities
- Nuclear-Related Science & Technology Deterrence Operations
- Advanced Satellite Navigation and Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Technology
- Precision Quantum and Photonic Sensors
- Space Environment Exploitation and Mitigation
- Small Satellite Portfolio
- Distributed RF Sensing
For more information, visit afresearchlab.com/news/afrl-awards-record-breaking-1b-contract-to-space-dynamics-laboratory.