Small fire reported Thursday night on UNM campus

News

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A small fire broke out near University of New Mexico’s Dane Smith Hall Thursday night after someone set a nearby bush on fire.

More than $1,000 in damages was caused. Students posted on social media, thinking the whole building was in flames.

The Albuquerque Fire Department is now handling the investigation into who or what may have sparked the fire.

UNM says there are no cameras in that area.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on KRQE.com

New Mexico Hourly Forecasts ⟶

Albuquerque Hourly Forecast

Don't Miss

MORE IN DON'T MISS

Photo Galleries

MORE PHOTO GALLERIES

News Resources - Maps

MORE NEWS RESOURCES