Santa Fe restaurant closing after claiming Gov. Martinez dined-and-dashed

News
Santa Fe Five Star Burgers_689337

SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE)- The Santa Fe restaurant at the center of dine-and-dash claim against Governor Susana Martinez is closing.

According to the Santa Fe New Mexican, Five Star Burgers final day and the closing is coincidental with what happened last week.

Restaurant owner Robert Gonzales says the governor and security ordered separately and while her security detail paid, he says the governor walked out.

Later that night, the restaurant says someone from the governor’s office came in to pay the bill.

A statement from the governor’s office called the incident an “honest misunderstanding.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on KRQE.com

Video Forecast

Connor's Saturday Evening Forecast

Thumbnail for the video titled "Connor's Saturday Evening Forecast"
More Weather Video Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss