SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Embattled California utility Pacific Gas & Electric is the target of a new ad from Sen. Bernie Sanders.
In the new campaign video, Sanders calls out PG&E for repeatedly sparking deadly wildfires and uses it to argue for his version of a Green New Deal.
The three-minute ad shows Sanders surveying burned homes as people criticize the utility, including a resident of Paradise, which is the Northern California town destroyed by a 2018 fire blamed on PG&E’s equipment.
That resident claims PG&E only filed for bankruptcy to limit its payments to wildfire victims.
It ends with a woman’s voice saying “If we’re going to be paying for everything that PG&E does, the people of California should have a say in how it is run.”
- ABQ family devastated after shed burns down from illegal fireworks
- Game and Fish Department seeing boom in fishing license sales
- Lobo football gets commitment from class of 2021 QB Bear Milacek
- Places of worship told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike in California
- Steve Garcia talks about next fight and becoming a father