HOLLYWOOD (WFLA) — For the first time ever, entertainment superstar Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has publicly endorsed a presidential candidate. Johnson, who says he’s a centrist who has voted for each party in the past, announced his endorsement of Joe Biden for president on his social media Sunday morning.
“Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT,” he said. The tweet is accompanied by a video, where Johnson has a virtual sit-down discussion with Biden and running mate Kamala Harris.
“You guys are both obviously experienced to lead, you’ve done great things,” he said to the candidates. “Joe, you’ve had such an incredible career, you’ve led, in my opinion, with great compassion, and heart, and drive, but also soul.” Johnson deemed Harris a “certified badass,” citing her rise through the ranks from attorney to US Senator.
Johnson’s first question for Biden and Harris was, “How will you earn the respect of the American people?”
You can watch the video below.
- Community fundraising for family of late postal worker after semi crash
- National Insurance Crime Bureau releases top 10 stolen cars list
- COVID-19 outbreak among workers at UNM surgery center
- Grant’s Wednesday Night Forecast
- CBP acting head stresses need for border wall during tour of construction site in El Paso