NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – State Representative Debbie Armstrong is stepping down from her post. The North Valley rep resigned effective Friday to focus on providing care for a family member.
Story continues below
- Trending: Family of man accused in Muslim murders speaks out
- Albuquerque: Over 200 stranded overnight on top of tram after storm cuts power
- New Mexico: Report estimates New Mexico has 2nd highest food insecurity for youth
- Crime: Suspect arrested in murders of Albuquerque Muslim men
- KRQE En Español: Martes 9 de Agosto 2022
The democrat was known for legislation helping repeal New Mexico’s abortion ban, clearing the way for recreational cannabis, and making it legal for terminally ill patients to end their own lives.
Armstrong had served the district since 2014. The Bernalillo County Commission will appoint a replacement until a successor is elected in the November 2022 election.