NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The New Mexico House Democrats now have new party leadership in the chamber. The Democratic Caucus on Saturday announced House Majority Whip Doreen Gallegos of Las Cruces will serve as acting Majority Floor Leader.
Story continues below:
- Business: San Mateo retail center getting revitalized with movie theater, restaurants
- Don’t Miss: City of Albuquerque opens affordable pet care clinic
- Education: Rio Rancho school board candidate defends email to parents
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 17 de Septiembre 2021
She’s temporarily replacing State Rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton. The lawmaker representing southeast Albuquerque since the 90s resigned Friday amid the criminal investigation against her. The state attorney general raided her home Wednesday on a slew of corruption accusations, like racketeering, money laundering, and getting kickbacks.
The caucus will hold elections in the coming weeks to select its new house majority floor leader.