SANDOVAL COUNTY, N.M. (KRQE) – In Sandoval County, commissioners want to adopt its own tobacco control laws and regulations. In this resolution, commissioners say being able to regulate the sale or use of cigarettes, tobacco products, and electronic smoking devices is necessary to combat the public health problem.
This resolution aims to amend a bill just passed by state legislators this year that declares the sales of those products to be a statewide concern.
Latest Politics/Government News:
- Possible Valencia County 24-hour medical facility vetoed by gov
- 6 candidates qualify to appear on ballot in June special election
- Gov. Lujan Grisham vetoes federal funding earmarks in state budget
- New Mexico governor vetoes include police oversight reforms
- Many Bernalillo Co. homeowners angry over increase in property tax bill