ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A date has been set for a retrial for Leland Hust. Twenty-four-year-old Hust was acquitted on first-degree murder charges in the raping and killing of six-year-old Ariana Jade Romeo in a Rio Rancho home in 2018.
- Jury finds Leland Hust not guilty of first-degree murder
- Closing arguments begin Monday in Leland Hust trial
- Trial of man accused of raping, killing Rio Rancho girl enters day 7
- “I didn’t touch her”: Police interview with man accused of killing Rio Rancho girl
- Video of interview from the day Rio Rancho girl found dead shown during trial
- Man who owned Rio Rancho home where girl was found dead testifies
- Second day of trial for man accused of raping, killing 6-year-old Rio Rancho girl
- Trial underway for man accused of raping, killing 6-year-old girl
The jury was deadlocked on the charges of intentional child abuse resulting in death and criminal sexual penetration of a child. He will be retried on those charges in March.