NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The state announced on Saturday that Representative-elect Teresa Leger Fernandez has been selected to serve on the House Resources Committee by the House Democratic Steering Committee. The decision now goes to the Democratic Caucus for approval.
In a statement, Leger Fernandez said in part, “New Mexicans share a dep respect for our land. We invest in what we believe, and I’ll advocate for increased investments in renewable energy and in our Native American communities.”
The House Natural Resources Committee’s jurisdiction over an many issues in the state including water, public lands and national parks, Tribes, renewable energy development, public health and environmental protections, and the outdoor recreation economy.
- Sunport Boulevard extension project to break ground Wednesday
- ‘I thought I got hit by the boat’: Teen survives encounter with shark
- CDC: Salmonella outbreak from unidentified food source sickens people in 25 states
- Newsfeed Now: FBI IDs Gabby Petito’s body, rules death a homicide; Lawmakers clash over plan to prevent government shutdown
- Colorado toddler gets head stuck in railing, police use battering ram to free her