SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – Lawmakers held a special session on Tuesday to approve emergency financial relief for New Mexicans struggling during the pandemic. While lawmakers met inside the Roundhouse, about a dozen people gathered outside in protest.
They told a KRQE New 13 crew that they are protesting because they want schools and businesses to reopen and they don’t agree with how the pandemic relief money could be spend.
Latest Politics/Government News:
- Proposed bill would modify Oil and Gas Act
- Bill proposal would improve education resources, internet access to Indian Nations
- No apparent protesting Sunday at state capitol
- New push for state public bank in 2021 legislative session
- Otero Co. Commissioner Couy Griffin arrested for alleged role in Capitol riot