ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A proposal to impose more rules on short-term rentals like Airbnb’s is moving ahead in the city council. The proposed ordinance, sponsored by Councilor Diane Gibson, would establish permits and fees, set occupancy limits, require insurance, and create other regulations for the short-term rental industry.
This week, the council’s finance committee approved the plan. It now heads to the full city council.
- ‘Sexy COVID’ costumes won’t be made by costume maker Yandy for Halloween 2020
- What does ‘Latinx’ mean and why would you use it?
- Silver Alert issued for Alamogordo woman
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups