NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Election officials are urging voters to vote absentee in the upcoming primary.
The Bernalillo County Clerk’s Office is now limiting all in-person service to appointment only and is encouraging anyone who can handle something online, to do so. Registered Democrats, Republicans, and Libertarians planning to vote in the New Mexico primary can register or update their registration and request an absentee ballot, on the Secretary of State’s website.
Ballots will be mailed on May 5, to voters who request them. The last day the Clerk’s Office can mail out ballots is May 29.
Absentee ballots must be received by mail or must be hand-delivered to the Clerk’s Office or a Voting Center by 7 p.m. on Election Day, June 2.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- FAQ on ‘Stay-at-Home’ order
- New Mexico School Closings: What you need to know
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites