SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A state lawmaker has announced an effort to revoke New Mexico’s electoral votes for Joe Biden. Election officials say there is no legal basis for her proposal. Carlsbad Republican Representative Cathrynn Brown says she plans to introduce a de-certification bill in the legislature claiming election irregularities.
However, the New Mexico Secretary of States’ Office vehemently refutes that saying any claims of fraud or obstruction are totally baseless. The Secretary of State’s Office points out, even if Brown’s bill did come up for debate during the session, Biden would almost already be inaugurated.
- 2021 Mayoral Election: Eddy Aragon
- NM Supreme Court to hear case surrounding federal stimulus funds
- Air Force looks to test water, soil on private property for chemicals
- Federal legislation would dedicate $28M toward protecting endangered species
- New Mexico awards $157M in grants to child care providers