SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham and Speaker of the House Brian Egolf sent a letter to the president Friday saying New Mexico’s ready to welcome Afghan refugees. The lawmakers say they want to keep in contact with the White House as plans develop to take any refugees in.
Story continues below:
- Crime: Albuquerque man vandalized brewery; tries to escape with meat and cheese
- Don’t Miss: Riders say transit system needs better schedule, more routes as free fares begin
- Education: Some New Mexico schools named National Blue Ribbon School
- National: La Plata County man caught after escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Martes 21 de Septiembre 2021