This week, KRQE’s Chris McKee welcomed special guest and political analyst Matt Hirsch. An election veteran, Hirsch has spent more than 12 years working for various elected officials and political campaigns including Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) and former presidential candidate John McCain (R.)
On this week’s show, Chris and Matt took a closer look at the national conversation around New Mexico’s open U.S. Senate seat and closely contested District 2 U.S. House race between incumbent Xochitl Torres-Small (D) and challenger Yvette Herrell (R.)
They also discussed the U.S. Senate at large and Democrats’ efforts to regain control of the chamber. Matt offered detailed analysis on what U.S. Senate races New Mexicans should watch out for on election night, including some of the close races in states neighboring New Mexico that may flip from one party to another.
Your Local Election Headquarters is KRQE’s new online-only, digital show offering deeper discussion and detailed analysis of key political races and issues affecting New Mexico. Your Local Election Headquarters will air online every Tuesday at 11 a.m. on KRQE.com and in the KRQE News app.
Latest Local Election News
- Few cast votes for Congressional District 1 Special Election
- 1st Congressional District candidates Stansbury, Moores go head-to-head in debate
- 6 candidates qualify to appear on ballot in June special election
- Meet the candidates: CD1 Libertarian nominee Chris Manning
- Meet the candidates: CD1 Democratic nominee Rep. Melanie Stansbury