This week, KRQE’s Chris McKee welcomed special guest and political analyst Matt Hirsch. An election veteran, Hirsch has spent more than 12 years working for various elected officials and political campaigns including Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) and former presidential candidate John McCain (R.)
On this week’s show, Chris and Matt took a closer look at the national conversation around New Mexico’s open U.S. Senate seat and closely contested District 2 U.S. House race between incumbent Xochitl Torres-Small (D) and challenger Yvette Herrell (R.)
They also discussed the U.S. Senate at large and Democrats’ efforts to regain control of the chamber. Matt offered detailed analysis on what U.S. Senate races New Mexicans should watch out for on election night, including some of the close races in states neighboring New Mexico that may flip from one party to another.
Your Local Election Headquarters is KRQE’s new online-only, digital show offering deeper discussion and detailed analysis of key political races and issues affecting New Mexico. Your Local Election Headquarters will air online every Tuesday at 11 a.m. on KRQE.com and in the KRQE News app.
Latest Local Election News
- New Mexico’s political parties react to President-elect Biden
- Trump supporters gather at Roundhouse, question election validity
- NM Officials offer congratulations to President-elect Biden
- City of Santa Fe asks for campaign signs to be removed
- WATCH: Your Local Election Headquarters Digital Show November 6