NEW MEXICO (KRQE) –Veteran and businessman David Montoya is looking to fill the seat vacated by Representative Sheryl Williams Stapleton. Montoya is a native New Mexican who owns a consulting firm, focused on helping veteran-owned businesses.
Rep. Sheryl Williams Stapleton Coverage / Story continues below
- Full Warrant: “OK to pay,” the search warrant of Sheryl Williams Stapleton
- ‘Lawmakers, not lawbreakers’: Rep. Stapleton’s legislative investigation process
- NM lawmaker demands more transparency of legislative appropriation expenditures
- State Rep. Stapleton under investigation for alleged racketeering, money laundering
- Republished: State rep violates APS policy by collecting pay while working legislative role
He worked as a senior staffer for U.S. Senator Jeff Bingaman. Williams Stapleton resigned from her position amid an embezzlement investigation.