ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Two well-known criminal court judges in the 2nd Judicial District are giving up their seats. A spokeswoman for the Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission told the Albuquerque Journal that Judge Charles Brown and Judge Cristina Jaramillo are retiring from their positions.
The commission evaluates judges’ performance every six years and recommends whether voters should retain them. The judges have reportedly decided not to go up for retention.
Judge Cristina Jaramillo has ruled in cases in District and Metropolitan Court for decades. Judge Charles Brown has ruled in cases like the Victoria Martens murder and the Justin Hansen cold case.
- Celebrities hit campaign trail to get you to vote … for Democrats
- Is it already too late to mail in your 2020 Election ballot?
- Dr. Fauci: COVID-19 vaccine won’t be available until January; US ‘not in a good place’ as cases spike
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Santa Fe leaders postpone voting on mayor’s Cultural Committee proposal