NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – As Joe Biden is now the de facto 2020 Democratic presidential nominee, a new analysis of his potential running mates has been released and New Mexico’s own Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham is on it.
At this point, it is unclear who Biden is considering except that his running mate will be a woman. Gov. Lujan Grisha ranks at number 10 on a CNN list. The analysis cites Lujan Grisham’s political experience in the state House and names her as one of the highest-ranking Latina elected officials in the country.
The governor also represents the southwest which is a rapidly growing area. The top consideration on the list is senator and former Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris.
New Mexico Coronavirus Resources
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- Trendline Charts: New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- COVID-19 case by state, global statistics, maps
- COVID-19 Projections: when will coronavirus be over?
- COVID-19 Testing Sites
- New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency Order
- Essential & Non-Essential Business Operations
- Phone numbers, websites to know during COVID-19
- Donate Blood
- Job changes due to coronavirus – Here’s what you need to know
- Jobs: These businesses are looking to hire due to coronavirus
- How to help during coronavirus
- Resource for New Mexico Seniors
- New Mexico School Meal Sites