SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team is reportedly vetting Representative Deb Haaland for Secretary of Interior Department. That is according to the political website The Hill.
Haaland represents New Mexico’s First Congressional District. However, some Washington officials believe New Mexico’s Senators Tom Udall and Martin Heinrich could be under consideration. Udall, who is retiring from the Senate, has signaled his interest in the position.
Latest Politics/Government News:
- BCSO signs $3.8M body camera agreement
- Politico: Gov. Lujan Grisham a top contender for health secretary for Biden administration
- Gov. Lujan Grisham signs $330M relief package for New Mexicans
- Canvassing board certifies Joe Biden’s win in New Mexico
- New developments in the dramatic prison riot caught on video