ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque City Council gave the go-ahead to rename a stretch of Coors Boulevard for a local priest killed in a crash. Father Graham Golden was hit and killed while pulling onto Coors while leaving a South Valley abbey last month.
- Community proposes name change to street in honor of late priest
- Man faces charges in crash that killed local priest
- Man accused of hitting, killing local priest in crash turns himself in
- BCSO continues investigating crash that killed local priest
- Candlelight vigil held for Albuquerque priest killed in crash
- Vehicular homicide charge expected against driver in crash that killed priest
The name change could apply from Central down to the county line. The County Commission is also expected to weigh in. Since Coors is a state highway, the New Mexico Department of Transportation will have the final say.