While many people make New Year’s resolutions, it’s keeping those resolutions however gives people trouble.
Here are some tips on keeping your fitness and health resolutions in 2019:
Meeting exercise and weight goals
- Set realistic goals and priorities
- Having small steps is the key to success
- The biggest hurdle is getting started
Get an exercise program you can stick with
When it comes to sticking to a fitness resolution, it’s all about motivation. Getting started is the hardest part, but motivation builds quickly once you actually get your body moving.
- Create a plan that includes a motivational booster to jumpstart your interest in working out.
- Make exercise a priority.
- Do an exercise you like, you don’t have to run miles.
- Start walking program, add in some resistance weights as well.
Sticking with your diet
- Start with MyPlate, which give recommendations on healthy eating. It focuses on a variety of food, including grains, protein, vegetables and fruit.
You can start with small changes to build a healthier eating style.
Remember, most diets don’t work because you can’t stick to them, you need a healthy eating plan for the year.
Perhaps the most important tip to help you follow through with your New Year’s resolution to exercise and stay fit is to think of your goals as a journey, not a destination.
You may want to track your progress in a notebook or an app.
Achieving lasting weight loss and fitness is a lifestyle choice, not just a short-term goal to lose a few pounds before summer.
Enjoy every workout, every bead of sweat, knowing that with each day you’re becoming a healthier, stronger you.
For more information, click here.