(This story originally aired April 17, 2019)
STEM Santa Fe is one of the state’s leading STEM programs. They are project-based and hands-on that provide learning experienced and mentorships for youth in New Mexico.
STEM Santa Fe is currently focusing on the following program initiatives:
- STEM program dedicated for girls in 5th-8th grade with the kick-off at an inspiring one-day conference for 200 girls, known as Expanding your Horizons, usually on a Saturday in October, followed by 6 monthly workshops.
- Internationally recognized Julia Robinson Mathematics Festivals
- Leading a weekly project-based near-peer mentorship program @ Capital High School as part of STEM Scaffold Santa Fe Collaborative Working Group program.
- STEM Summer Day Camps: Coming up new this summer an App Development STEM Day Camp for Young Women, rising 9th graders
- Mentoring and supporting STEM teams entering STEM competitions.