1. The appeal process will begin for Davon Lymon’s murder case. The convicted killer is now serving a 38-year-sentence plus life for two cases linked to the murder of APD Officer Daniel Webster. For the first time in court, Officer Webster’s widow addressed his killer saying she wishes horrible things for Lymon. Lymon, on the other hand, gave no apologies, showed no remorse, instead, reiterated that he shot the officer in self-defense because he’s a black man who feared for his life.
2. The parents of a young girl whose body was found buried in an Albuquerque backyard are facing new charges. David Zuber and Monique Romero are now charged with reckless abuse of a child resulting in death. In January, their daughter Anastazia Zuber’s body was found in a northeast heights home. The parents claim she drowned in a bathtub.
3. Be sure to grab the umbrella before leaving the house as scattered showers and storms are expected to return to northern, central and western New Mexico on Wednesday afternoon and evening. Isolated thunderstorms may have enough strength to turn severe in far northeast New Mexico.
Full story: Kristen’s Wednesday Morning Forecast
4. In two weeks, the city of Albuquerque’s Cultural Services Department hopes to lock down a new location big enough for their ‘Summerfest’ event. This comes after the plan to host the event at Cottonwood Mall is facing criticism. The city held the event at the mall last summer but new emails show three businesses in the mall told the city it’s bad for business.
5. There could be a pile of cash with your name on it. The state of New Mexico is holding onto nearly $286 million in unclaimed money. It comes from bank account balances, cashiers checks, bill overpayments or even estates from people who’ve died.
Top Morning Stories
- Iran threatens more enrichment if no new nuclear deal
- Students kill classmate, injure 8 at school near Columbine
- Santa Fe’s Bonanza Creek Ranch movie sets catching the eye of Netflix
- Uber, Lyft drivers plan to strike in cities across the US
- Report: Trump in 1985-94 claimed $1.17 billion business loss
- Buyer Beware: Puppy dealer falsifies records, sells sick dog
- Meghan, Harry present royal newborn to public