In anticipation of the very busy and high passenger volume holiday travel period (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years), here are some basic, but very important, information and tips to keep in mind as you travel through security screening at the Sunport.
(1) General travel tips:
– Arrive 2 hours prior to departure
– Limit carry-on to one bag and one personal item
– Remove all electronics larger than a cell phone
– Carry-on liquids up to 3 oz. in one quart-size bag
– Check directly with airlines for up-to-date flight info
(2) Busiest days/times:
Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week and of course, Wednesday before.
The absolute busiest day will be Sunday following the holiday.
Morning hours are always the busiest times for the checkpoint – expect and plan for wait times.
(3) Utilize resources
(TSA website, Twitter @AskTSA, TSA app, etc,) to become informed ahead of time about current security requirements and procedures, prohibited items, traveling with medically necessary items or other special needs.
For more information, click here.