The holiday season is in full swing and houses across the country are looking festive as ever.
However, there are some safety precautions you need to be aware of when it comes to putting up decorations.
Any decoration that is to close to a heating source, is always at risk of catching on fire.
Candles are also a big reason why houses catch on fire during the holiday season.
It’s recommended that you keep all decorations at least one foot away from any source of heat, and three feet for your Christmas tree.
It’s also recommended that you unplug your Christmas tree at night before you go to bed.
When plugging your Christmas tree in, be sure to plug it directly into the wall, not an extension cord.
The direct source is safer.
For more information, click here.