Air conditioner causes fire in Carlsbad

News Briefs

Firefighters say an air conditioner was behind a fire that badly damaged a mobile home in Carlsbad.

When firefighters arrived at Owen’s Street home Wednesday, the homeowners had already put the fire out with a hose.

Investigators say the culprit was an air conditioner running on an overloaded circuit. 

The family did not have insurance. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video

Now Trending on KRQE.com

Video Forecast

Erica's Tuesday Morning Forecast

More Weather Video Forecast
Albuquerque Hourly Forecast

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss