NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – On Monday a new Green Chile Cheeseburger champion was crowned at the New Mexico State Fair. Seven restaurants from around New Mexico faced off to see who has the best green chile cheeseburger in the state.
This year’s winner was Sparky’s Burgers & BBQ from Hatch. Tuesday is the state fair’s military and veterans day. All current and former service members get into the fair for free. For full list of events happening at the fair Tuesday, visit the state fair events page.
Green Chile Cheeseburger Challenge Participants:
• Sparky’s Burgers & BBQ – Hatch, NM
• Oak Tree Café – Albuquerque, NM
• Big Mike’s – Burgers Belen, NM
• Starr Brothers Brewing – Albuquerque, NM
• Lava Rock Brewing Co. – Albuquerque, NM
• Meateor Burgers – Albuquerque, NM
• Slate Street Billiards – Rio Rancho, NM