LOS LUNAS, N.M. (KRQE) – Valencia County is getting closer to having a new transit hub. Rio Metro says it has outgrown its bus depot on Highway 314 in Los Lunas.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: State Rep. Stapleton under investigation for alleged racketeering, money laundering
- COVID: Gov. recommends New Mexico mirror CDC’s new guidelines on masks
- Notice: New Mexico Gas Company to resume normal billing practices in August
- Entertainment: Bob Odenkirk, star of ‘Better Call Saul,’ collapses on set
- Crime: Albuquerque couple who left daughter in bathtub in trouble again
The new transit center near High way 47 and Main St. is in the design phase, with plans for an 8,000 sq. ft. dispatch center and more. The plan is to break ground by early next year, and have the center up and running by the end of 2022. Rio Metro secured $6 million in federal funding to make the project possible.