RIO RANCHO, N.M. (KRQE) – University of New Mexico Health hosted a ribbon-cutting this morning to celebrate its newly opened clinic in Rio Rancho. The Grande Family Clinic sits across from Intel.
Story continues below:
- Investigation: What happens after someone attacks a healthcare worker?
- Don’t Miss: New Mexico native recognized in Bon Appétit Magazine for Brooklyn restaurant
- Weird: Man once accused of having sex with horse now accused of escape from jail
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Viernes 23 de Septiembre 2021
- Crime: FBI investigates Albuquerque couple for bank robbery
Doctors say the majority of healthcare in Rio Rancho has been specialty care. “Many academic centers 15 years ago started to ask a question, ‘Should we only focus on that specialty level care?’ We quickly have learned the heart of healthcare reform, the heart of transform starts with primary care,” said Dr. Michael Richards, Vice Chancellor for Clinical Affairs, UNM Health System.
The clinic has 15 employees and three providers.