CARLSBAD, N.M. (KRQE) – Carlsbad Caverns is finally getting new elevators. The Trump administration announced a $16.7 million project. In recent years, the elevators have routinely malfunctioned and there wasn’t enough money to replace them until now. A California company has been contracted for the job. Officials say the project should be complete by fall 2023.
Latest New Mexico News
- NM lawmakers want task force to evaluate Children’s Code
- Senate advances bill to cap small loan rates in New Mexico
- Bill aims to give more money to higher education institutions
- Civil rights claim seeks $1.8 billion or in-person schooling
- USDA invests over $900K in New Mexico distance learning, telemedicine infrastructure