- ‘We just found a baby in the trash’: Hobbs teen faces attempted murder charges
- Mother accused of throwing baby in dumpster calls 911 about alleged assaul
- Hobbs woman arrested after allegedly dumping newborn in dumpster
- Officers take stand in hearing of teen accused of throwing newborn in dumpster
- VIDEO: Police confront Hobbs teen charged with tossing baby in dumpster
- Teen father of baby thrown in dumpster releases statement
- Hobbs community rallies behind homeless man who helped find baby in dumpster
- VIDEO: Officers question people who found baby in Hobbs dumpster
People digging through the dumpster heard the baby crying and rescued him. Avila was later identified by surveillance video. Avila was set to begin trial on December 19. Tuesday in court, her defense team asked for a delay; saying the defense team had recently lost two attorneys on the team and that someone new had been brought in.
A judge granted to motion to delay the trial. The trial is now expected to begin on April 11.