NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Eight teenagers are back on the ground after being stuck 30-feet in the air on a roller coaster for two hours. It happened Saturday, July 24 at Western Playland in Sunland Park. Photos posted to Sunland Park Fire Department’s Facebook page show crews helping the teens.
Story continues below:
- Marijuana: High potency marijuana and possible impact on New Mexico teens
- Web Extra: Behind the story: Colorado’s legal cannabis & the effect on teens
- Trending: Corrales residents say loud music from bar is carrying over to their neighborhood
- Crime: APD arrests suspect in string of armed robberies
- Don’t Miss: State extends indoor mask requirement
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE en Espanol: Miercoles 15 de Septiembre 2021
No injuries from the incident were reported. The West Valley Fire Department’s Technical Rescue Team also helped with the rescue. It’s unknown at this time on what caused the roller coaster to stop.