TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) – The community of Taos is mourning a local legend. Jean Mayer moved to Taos, as the resort was being built, developed the Ernie Blake Snowsports School, where he served as the technical director for decades. He also started the hotel, St. Bernard in 1960. Mayer was inducted into the New Mexico Skill Hall of Fame in 2008; The Taos Ski Valley announced his passing but did not announce a cause of death.
Latest New Mexico News
- Influx of patients seeking abortion expected in NM following SCOTUS decision
- Clovis police searching for man accused of kidnapping ex-girlfriend
- Artesia police arrest man for armed robbery turned attempted carjacking
- New Mexico to host cannabis workshop for entrepreneurs
- Taos man accused of trying to set his place of work on fire