TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) – The Taos community is mourning the loss of a man known for being instrumental in opening up Taos Ski Valley to snowboarders.
The Taos News reports George Medina, 54, was found dead after his cement truck flipped Wednesday afternoon. Police say it looks like his truck was speeding before he veered off the road. Medina was a member of a group that launched the popular Free Taos campaign which led to the end of the Ski Valley’s snowboarding ban in 2008.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve