ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – Chaves County Deputies believe they’ve caught the man who crashed into a gas station during a chase earlier this week, sparking an explosion that seriously injured an employee. They arrested 21-year-old Victor Barron Thursday for allegedly trying to use a stolen credit card.
They notice he had burns on his face and arms. Deputies say Barron then admitted he ran authorities in a stolen truck Monday morning before crashing into a gas pump on South Main Street. A young employee suffered third-degree burns. Barron was booked for credit card theft and concealing identity and deputies are working to get additional warrants, they also learned Barron had an active warrant out of Albuquerque for auto theft. Deputies have not released an update on the injured employee.
- Tracking Coronavirus in New Mexico
- Tracking Coronavirus in Navajo Nation
- New Mexico Coronavirus Cases by County, by Day
- What you need to know about New Mexico’s Public Health Order
- Red, Yellow, Green Level Definitions
- What do I need to know about the COVID vaccine in New Mexico
- Evictions – Supreme Court Ruling
- New Mexico CARES Act grants to be dispersed by Christmas Eve