SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – State police have identified the man shot at an Allsups by deputies in Santa Fe. It happened earlier this month.
Story continues below
- Albuquerque: Albuquerque speed cameras ordinance signed into law
- Politics: Albuquerque mayoral candidate accused of violating FCC provisions
- Weather: Milder, sunny Saturday on tap
- Crime: Video shows alarming behavior of security guards towards customer
- Español: KRQE En Español: Viernes 15 de Octubre 2021
Investigators say Marvin Montoya, an employee at the store on Avenida del Sur, fired a gun outside. When deputies showed up, they say crisis negotiators tried to get him to surrender, but he wouldn’t. At one point, Montoya is accused of waiving the gun in a threatening manner.
A deputy shot him. He was treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Now that he’s been released from the hospital, he’s charged with being a felon in possession of a gun and other gun-related charges.