NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A man suspected in a quadruple homicide in New Mexico claims he has killed a total of 16 people, 15 of them in New Mexico. Prosecutors in New Jersey said Sean Lannon made the claim after being arrested for a murder in New Jersey.
The 47-year-old was arrested in St. Louis earlier this month after a manhunt stretching from New Jersey to Missouri ended when he was arrested driving a car stolen from the New Jersey victim. Lannon is accused of breaking into a man’s home and beating him with a blunt object, according to the Associated Press.
In New Mexico, the Albuquerque Police Department found four bodies in a vehicle at the Albuquerque International Sunport airport garage. During a news conference, APD reported that Sean Lannon is suspected of the killings. Friday, during a hearing, in that case, prosecutors presented evidence that Lannon confessed to all five of those killings as well as 11 other people he described as drug dealers in the Grants area.
According to court documents, Lannon is the ex-husband of one of the victims, Jennifer Lannon. Jesten Mata, Matthew Miller, and Randal Apostalon were the other three victims discovered. Miller, Mata, and Jennifer Lannon were reported missing out of Grants while authorities are investigating the death of Apostalon and how and if he was connected to the other victims.
According to investigators, Lannon told them he lured victims to a home and dismembered some of them.
At this time, Lannon has only been charged in the murder of a New Jersey man and Friday a New Jersey judge ruled to keep him behind bars. APD says they are focusing on just one of the victims who was killed in Albuquerque. Grants Police say they are looking into Lannon’s claims.