SIERRA COUNTY, N.M. (KRQE) – State police are investigating a fatal rollover crash along state highway 59 on Saturday. Officials say James Lara of Las Cruces drove a 2003 Ford F-250 pickup that rolled off the road.
Story continues below:
- Trending: Balloon community calls for pilot drug tests after toxicology report in deadly crash
- Don’t Miss: Los Alamos National Lab updates vaccine requirements for staff
- Crime: Robber shot, killed at Subway was arrested in 2019 for veterans memorial theft
- New Mexico News: Man with long criminal history charged following attack at post office
- KRQE en Espanol: KRQE En Español: Miercoles 22 de Septiembre 2021
State police say he was ejected from the vehicle and obtained fatal injuries. OMI pronounced him dead on the scene.
Officials say alcohol may have been a contributing factor to the crash. They say it also appears like he did not use his seatbelt. State police are still investigating the crash.