SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – On Friday, the office of the governor announced that Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham issued a proclamation making Saturday, September 25, National Hunting and Fishing Day in New Mexico. According to a press release, the Department of Game and Fish will celebrate the day with free fishing in the state.
Story Continues Below
- Crime: Albuquerque man can avoid jail time by leading police to woman’s remains
- Albuquerque: Illegal roadside car lot in NW Albuquerque finally cleaned up
- Weather: High winds stick around Wednesday afternoon
- New Mexico: Sierra County Sheriff: Hot Springs High School hazing incident was assault
- Español: KRQE En Español: Martes 26 de Octubre 2021
All anglers, the release states, whether they’re NM residents or not, may fish free on public waters statewide. Bag limits and other fishing rules apply but no one will need a license or stamp. More information on where you can fish is available online.