Story continues below:
- Traffic and Roads: Eastbound Paseo Del Norte closed due to fatal crash
- Crime: Bodycam footage shows arrest in Santa Fe County
- Trending: State fair organizers say event was massive success
- National: Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- Don’t Miss: Bernalillo County isn’t mandating COVID vaccinations for employees
The largest is 4,400 acres at the Poleo Unit, nearly 3,000 acres on Golondrio Mesa, 2,100 acres near the Rincon Fishing Area, and 2,000 acres on East Rowe Mesa. The forest service says a solid monsoon helped drought conditions this year, but much of the west is still at risk of wildfire. The National Interagency Fire Center says the US has had 44,000 wildfires this year, including 81 active fires.