NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – A project aimed to bring freight rail service to the Four Corners is moving forward. San Juan County was awarded a $2 million grant for a feasibility study on a new railway. The money will allow the county to look at designs, railroad alignment and right of way access. The county says the service could bring new jobs to the area.
- Lobo defense shuts down UC Santa Barbara in win
- Officials propose violence intervention program expand to all Albuquerque high schools
- Storm moves in Friday bringing wind, then snow and cold
- Proposal to name Florida Mountains as national monument faces backlash
- Albuquerque father hopes to help those dealing with addiction after his son’s death