NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – The man charged with raping and killing a six-year-old Rio Rancho girl is expected to go back on trial this week. Jury selection for Leland Hust’s retrial was scheduled to begin on Monday with opening statements set for Wednesday.
- Jury finds Leland Hust not guilty of first-degree murder
- Closing arguments begin Monday in Leland Hust trial
- Trial of man accused of raping, killing Rio Rancho girl enters day 7
- “I didn’t touch her”: Police interview with man accused of killing Rio Rancho girl
- Video of interview from the day Rio Rancho girl found dead shown during trial
- Man who owned Rio Rancho home where girl was found dead testifies
- Second day of trial for man accused of raping, killing 6-year-old Rio Rancho girl
- Trial underway for man accused of raping, killing 6-year-old girl
Hust was arrested in 2018 after police said he killed Ariana Jade Romeo. A jury acquitted Hust on first-degree murder last July but was deadlocked on child abuse resulting in death and rape. The retrial is scheduled to last through March 25.