LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KRQE) – Newly released video shows the scary moments at a New Mexico travel center when a truck fire turned into an explosion.
Las Cruces police say the couple had stopped Tuesday night to rest when a generator in the back of their truck caught fire. As a couple was attempting to put it out, a propane tank exploded.
A responding offer’s lapel camera caught the whole thing on camera. The couple was transported to a burn center in Lubbock. Their family says both are recovering.
Three horses and three dogs inside the trailer were not injured.