DEMING, N.M. (KRQE) – About 9,800 residents in Deming lost power twice on Saturday. The Public Service Company of New Mexico says it happened because crews needed to access electric infrastructure that could have been damaged during maintenance work on the El Paso side.
- Crime: Thief with a sweet tooth causes a lot of damage to Albuquerque chocolate shop
- Holiday: Why Christmas trees will be more expensive, harder to find this season
- Weather: Weather goes downhill from Tuesday on
- Weird: Woman reportedly caught breastfeeding cat on Delta Airlines flight
- KRQE En Español: Martes 7 de Diciembre 2021
“Since safety is paramount here, the best thing in this situation was to perform an emergency outage in the town of Deming, so we did take them offline, allow crews to make any repairs, and avoid any safety concerns,” said PNM spokesperson Shannon Jackson.
Both outages lasted about six minutes and power has bene restored to Deming.